Ostomy refers to the operation in which an artificial opening, called a stoma, is created to enable elimination of bodily discharge. The stoma is always created in the abdominal area but dependent on the root cause it is either the colon, ileum or bladder that is impacted. Different discharge requires different solutions. Stoma care companies have stoma bag solutions for each condition—colostomy, ileostomy or urostomy. Stoma bags can come in either one-piece or two-piece systems.
Vancive Medical Technologies offers a wide range of materials that can be used in the development of ostomy devices.
- Weldable single coated nonwovens, films and foams
Flanges and Stoma Caps:
- Large portfolio of hydrocolloids with unique performance characteristics
- Including thick, moldable hydrocolloids used to provide a better seal on damaged and uneven skin
- Conformable foams, films and soft nonwovens
- Ostomy adhesives solutions formulated for fixation of stoma products to the skin
Other Ostomy Products Solutions:
- Moldable hydrocolloid fillers
- Tape for carbon filter mounting